Discover the benefits of Mindfulness
No upcoming event dates
Hamsa Yoga Space, Beirut, Lebanon
Mindfulness Matters with Rob Brandsma
Mindfulness teaches us how to work with difficulties, stress and obstacles to achieve our goals instead of being stuck by them, like a sailor who knows how to use each wind to push him forward in his journey.
Mindfulness is moment-to-moment non-judgment awareness. To be mindful is to calmly observe what is happening in the present moment, allowing it to unfold with an open, welcoming attitude, without judgment, expectation or need to control any outcome. Although, mindfulness has its roots in the Buddhist tradition, since Jon Kabat-Zinn introduced a secular, scientific based practice of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR) at the Stress Reduction Clinic in Massachusetts in 1979, mindfulness has gained a worldwide popularity in the fields of medicine, health, and psychology and has been influencing fields of education, leadership, law, and technology.
In this workshop we will learn about - and experience - the benefits of mindfulness, both for ourselves and for the clients and communities that we serve. We will:
· Experience mindfulness through self-observation both in moving and in seated meditation
· Learn about the scientific research on mindfulness practice as a reducer of stress and anxiety and as an enhancer of clarity, focus and flow.
· Discover a more positive mood, state of balance, inner confidence and compassion as we tap into our potential
· Explore how mindfulness can support the wellbeing of the people we work for, addressing their mental and emotional needs
· Cultivate greater resilience for ourselves to sustain our work and avoid burn-out.
Days: Saturday and Sunday 29th and 30th of April 2017
Time: (will be indicated soon)
The venue of the course is Hamsa Yoga Space, Achrafieh, Beirut
32 Albert Khayat street in Achrafieh, on the first floor.
To get there: go up from Sodeco to Sassine and turn right two streets after Byblos bank. It will be the first building on your left.
IMOVE envisions a society in which children and women are safe, free of any harm caused by conflicts, oppression and violence. Where they are empowered to realize their full potential and desired academic achievements in a sustainable way in harmony within the community.
The foundation promotes free, expressive movement and yoga among trainers, aid workers and teachers working with disadvantaged and displaced children and women. These activities are based on the recognition that the mental health, resilience and emotional wellbeing of children are fundamental to their education, social relations, major health outcomes as well as growth and academic achievements.