Lyrids meteor shower | An observation
No upcoming event dates
BLOM, Beirut, Lebanon
Use Discount code "Juno" on Ihjoz and bring with you your student card for a fee of only 10 dollars for the event!
The Lyrids meteor shower is approaching, BeirutVersus presents an observation night on Saturday the 21st of April.
Transportation by bus from / to in front of BLOM Bank, Dora is provided.
As they happen during times of cold, we are collaborating with Soha Village Resort in Falougha to provide you with a super fireplace warmed space to observe the meteor shower!
It will be the pinnacle of your spring, in serene calm groups, respecting and appreciating the night skies.
The Lyrids meteor shower is caused by the remnants of Comet Thatcher, a moonless night will make even the faintest shooting stars show!
The program of the night will be the following:
- Departure: 9:00PM sharp. No delays will be allowed and meeting the bus en route is not an option, the bus will be leaving at 9:00PM, please be by the bus by 8:45PM max.
- 09:45PM Arrival on location, setting up tripods / cameras / mattresses.
- 10:00 PM Lyrid observation, exploring the spring night sky.
- 11:00PM Further astrophotography, Milky Way core rising.
- 12:30AM Return to Beirut by bus.
The night will be very cold, temperatures are expected to be around 10 degrees. Dressing up warm is essential, with multiple insulating layers, nature is not to be taken for granted. Double layers of socks or thermal socks are necessary, sweaters, scarfs, jackets.
We will be departing back to Beirut around 12:30AM.
Observations will be thru live astrophotography and binoculars, plenty to be discovered in the winter night sky.
The event fee is nonrefundable, phone contact details will be provided upon registration, further enquiries taken via the page messaging feature.
In case of cloudy skies, the event will have a one hour workshop on night photography instead!
The event fee is 25$ per person and includes:
- Transportation to / from site by bus
- Group photos of the night
- Night photography workshop in case of cloudy skies
The event has limited attendees!
Astronomy musings with a twist from Beirut, Lebanon.
Astronomers Without Borders affiliate.