Leonids meteor shower | An observation
No upcoming event dates
BLOM, Beirut, Lebanon
The Leonid meteor shower is approaching, BeirutVersus presents an observation night on Friday the 17th of November
Transportation will be by bus from / to in front of BLOM Bank, Dora.
The program of the night will be the following:
- Departure: 7:00PM sharp. No delays will be allowed and meeting the bus en route is not an option, the bus will be leaving at 6:45PM, please be by the bus by 6:45 max.
- 8:00PM Arrival on location, setting up tripods / cameras / mattresses.
- 8:30PM Sky tour.
- 9:30PM -On the future of Imaging / Astrophotography: Talk by Khalil Azar, Leonid observation, exploring the winter night sky.
- 10:00PM Further astrophotography, Pleiades rising.
- 11:30PM Return to Beirut by bus.
The night will be very cold, temperatures are expected to be be less than 10 degrees. Dressing up warm is essential, with multiple insulating layers, nature is not to be taken for granted. Double layers of socks or thermal socks are necessary, sweaters, scarfs, jackets.
We will be departing back to Beirut by 11:30PM as to avert as much of the cold as possible.
Observations will be thru live astrophotography and binoculars, plenty to be discovered in the winter night sky.
The event fee is nonrefundable, phone contact details will be provided upon registration, further enquiries taken via the page messaging feature.
In case of cloudy skies, the event will have a one hour workshop on night photography instead.
Please feel free to bring own snacks / drinks as there are no food stands on-location.
The event fee is 25$ per person and includes:
- Transportation to / from site by bus- Live astrophotography + Sky tour- Group photos of the night- Night photography workshop in case of cloudy skies
Astronomy musings with a twist from Beirut, Lebanon.
Astronomers Without Borders affiliate.